Sunday, March 3, 2013

A Trip to Lake George

                I took a trip to Lake George, New York to see my great-grandmother for a weekend. It takes a good six hours to get up there assuming that the traffic is somewhat light. There is a stop that we took that is at the half way point of the trip and it is similar to a truck stop. I like this stop because I get tired from sitting in the car for long periods of time. Then the trip continues to the beautiful lake. Her house is off a gravel road and it is a good ways back in their. Once we arrive I greet her and give her a hug and get settled into the house. It is a view on a lake that is pretty with boats going by and people doing various water sports. I decided that one of the days that I would go tubing with some friends that were next door that I knew. The other people that were there were going to go water skiing and wake boarding. When it came time for my turn with my cousin we got out into the water and hopped in to the tube. It started out where we could not get thrown out of the tube even with the high waves that the boat was producing. Then my cousin had enough and he intentionally rolled out of the tube. There was this one wave that I will never forget. We hit a waves that sent me flying up into the air. The funny thing was that I landed right back into the tube and everyone was wondering how that was possible. The last run that we had was the funniest. We hit a double wave that sent both of us flying in the air and I hit a weird angle that hurt when I hit the water. Then we got back into the boat to recover from that hit onto the water because we and enough. Then I got to see the other people go and that was lots of fun to watch. Then that weekend was over and we had to go back home because school was getting ready to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment